Why use O-rings on your mechanical keyboard ?
- To reduce noise caused when key cap stems collide with your Keyboard casing during daily use
- To reduce the bottoming-out distance (varies by O-ring thickness)
- Increase shock absorption to minimize finger fatigue during longer typing sessions
Increase typing speed around 5 WPM average
The O-rings from my store are compatible with all Cherry Mx & Cherry Mx Clone Switches.
- They also do their job on the Corsair K70 RGB & Corsair Vengeance K70: making typing quieter, reducing the maximum travel distance of key presses etc.
- Cherry MX Speed (Silver) Switches are Cherry’s new MX Speed switches. By installing O-Rings you will be able to "click" and "clack" even faster than ever before.
What is different between these and the similar ones of eBay and such for less?
- Most of the cheaper O-Rings sold on Ebay are made from harder rubber. "Soft 40A" rubber is more expensive to produce. Shore 40A Rings are better at dampening the noise while also providing a soft landing.